Students complete short assignments and a final reflective essay throughout the internship to enhance students’ knowledge base and skills connected to their internship experience. It is helpful for participants to reflect on their experience throughout the internship and to have a record of work experience, lessons learned, and progress made in understanding professional, personal and academic goals. The student’s supervisor must also submit a verification form confirming that the student has completed their internship before credit will be awarded.
CSPL 493 is based on CR/U. Students must complete the course requirements listed above. Failure to complete all assignments/course requirements by the deadline will result in a U for the course.
Students wishing to withdraw from the internship course, CSPL 493, without having a “W” appear on your transcript must inform the Gordon Career Center (email@example.com) within 10 days of the start date of the internship indicated on the enrollment form.
If the student drops the internship later, if the internship fails to materialize, or if it terminates for any other reason, the Gordon Career Center must be notified immediately of the circumstances. Otherwise, the student may receive a U for the course.
CSPL493 has different enrollment dates depending on the time of year, as listed below:
Students must submit their initial Experience Request form on Handshake prior to the enrollment deadlines above. Please note, enrollment can take up to two weeks before you have access to course materials on Moodle.The enrollment process should be finalized before the start date of your internship. Students must complete a minimum of 40 working hours through the internship experience, within the academic term in which they are enrolled in CSPL 493. For questions regarding late enrollment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, we cannot provide credit retroactively for past internship experiences.
Overview of Process & Initiating Enrollment
- The CSPL 493 internship course enrollment forms can be found and completed on Handshake under Career Center > Experiences > CSPL 493 Enrollment
The enrollment process includes the following two forms:
- Student Enrollment Form (completed & submitted by the student)
- Internship Description Form (sent automatically from Handshake & completed by the internship supervisor)
- ** Students will not be enrolled in the course until both forms have been completed and submitted.
International Students: Course Enrollment & CPT Enrollment
- International students must enroll through the OISA. Please visit the OISA website for information regarding CPT and CSPL 493 enrollment.