Forage (Virtual Work Experiences)
The Gordon Career Center partners with Forage, an online resource that offers virtual experience programs designed by leading companies. Develop your skills and gain a real understanding of different roles and sectors by working through these self-paced modules, with tasks similar to those you would undertake during a traditional internship. During the program, you will work through a set of materials and tasks set by the company, which are designed to replicate the sort of work that you would undertake as an intern or graduate. All of our programs are self-paced (taking between 5 to 6 hours to complete) ensuring that you can fit your participation flexibly around other commitments.
These programs include:
- Video instructions and materials created by employees within your chosen organization
- Work that reflects real day-to-day tasks of interns and graduates
- The chance to compare your work with that of a graduate at your chosen organization
- What are the benefits?
- Sample what work is like at leading companies
- Discover career paths that you may not have previously considered
- Build confidence and gain skills to get you ‘work-ready’
- Forage’s programs are completely free for students, and there are no lengthy application processes
Learn more about Forage and get started here.